Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mystery Diagnosis: Alpha-1 & Len Geiger

When I went to the national Alpha-1 conference a few years ago, I sat down next to a very clean cut looking man. He introduced himself as Len, and he immediately asked me my story and how I came into the Alpha-1 community. He shared his story with me too, and like most of the stories I've heard from Alphas, his touched my heart. Please enjoy these videos of Len, who appeared on the television show, Mystery Diagnosis. Kudos to Len for getting the word out about Alpha-1!

Click on each video to watch Len's story. Part 1 is 7 minutes, 15 seconds, and part 2 is 8 minutes, 16 seconds.



3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, I saw that show! It was a good one, but unfortunate that he only found out he was an Alpha when he had to get the lung transplants. :(

Thankfully, you and Charlie knew for the girls really early.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I have heard his story before, but it is very inspiring. One of my biggest fears is that my oldest son will face a similiar scenario when he gets older. I pray for a cure for alpha one for my children and yours. Lora (liver families)

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I had no idea.

Thank you for spreading the word.