Friday, April 16, 2010

Number Eight

Eight years ago today, a tiny, fussy wrinkled baby girl came abruptly out of my stomach. She had been delivered by c-section by Dr. Schultz because I had severe preeclampsia. I remember her cries that were as if to say, "Put me back in there! I'm not ready to be born yet." My thoughts were very similar, but I was so very sick and relieved that my baby was alive and getting the important care she needed in our experienced NICU.

That day, I became a mother...a mom who felt an amazing amount of love. A love that I had never felt before. A love that I can't describe appropriately in words. It is a love to be experienced not written about. I'm quite certain the mothers who read this will agree.

That day, a force to be reckoned with was born. Her name is Grace Ann. My beautiful girl. My gorgeous daughter.

Happy birthday Gracie! Mama loves you.














4 comments:

The Yodeling Elkos said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Zoe got a kitty t-shirt for her birthday too! We'll see you in July!

Micro Preemie Mom said...

Wow, she is beautiful. Congratulations on turning 8, that is amazing!! My son will be 3 this June. My husband and I are trying to get the guts up to conceive again in the next couple of months. I am terrified to say the least! I am so worried I will get Pre-E again, which I barely survived the first time. Do your doctors know why you came down with it twice?

Childlife said...

Happy birthday, Grace!

Wow, I can't believe she's 8 already! Love the smile waiting for new top teeth -- adorable :)

Your girls never fail to make me smile, Jen.

~Michelle

~Denise~ said...

I'm late, but sending birthday wishes out yet!!