Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Kissing Disease

Ok, my dear husband, has mono. It was diagnosed shortly after we came home from San Diego for the national Alpha-1 conference. He and I had a get away without the kids and needless to say we "got to know each other" again. So, I've been exposed to the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) or otherwise known as Mono.

Charlie has a pretty bad case of it with an enlarged spleen and hepatitis of the liver. Today, I'm running a fever and have aches and pains everywhere. Advil takes care of it for 6 hours, but then it all returns. I'm hoping beyong hope (denial?) that this does not turn out to be mono. A couple of days ago, I had a nasty GI bug. Maybe that illness lowered my immune system's ability to fend off mono? In any case, it doesn't matter. What will be...will be, but can I just say this sucks? I've never done being sick well.

No comments: