Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DeAnna Got the Transplant Call

In March, I was contacted by a man on my caringbridge website for my daughters. He was a grandpa to a little girl named DeAnna who had Alpha-1 liver disease. Well, eventually, DeAnna's mom contacted me, and we were able to meet at our local Alpha-1 support group meeting.

DeAnna was so tiny and so very jaundiced. It made my heart feel heavy when I'd look at her since her color reminded me of the gravity of the situation. She was still a baby though...happy, fussy, giggling, and alert...very cute. Overall, she was a doll!

Anyway, today, DeAnna's mom, Sarah, called to tell us that DeAnna has been called for her liver transplant. They are at the hospital doing presurgical tests as I write this. I called Sarah and heard DeAnna making baby noises in the background.

I hope and pray that I get to hear those baby noises again. I'm sad that another family's devastating loss is possibly creating immense joy for DeAnna's family.

Be an organ donor! It saves lives.

I'll be praying that DeAnna's post transplant journey goes smoothly.

Jen

No comments: