Monday, January 08, 2007

Confessions of a Former Little Girl

Let me start off this posting by saying that I'm blessed to have 2 beautiful children. I love them very much, and try to cherish them every day.

With that said, I also want to say that it has been quite rough in the land of B family parenting lately. I swear if I hear one more little girl scream come out of the mouths of my girls, I think I might scream my way all the way to the funny farm.

"No, its mine."
"Nut uh!"
"Yes, Dace!"
"No, Meghan!"
(Insert high pitched, ear drum piercing 2 year old scream here followed by even more annoying high pitched, brain draining 4 year old scream here.)

That is just a sampling of a conversation that seems like it has been put into reruns in our every day lives.

I keep wondering just what exactly we've done wrong as parents to have such ungrateful, unloving children. I'm sure these are not unique parental feelings, but can I just say "Ugh!"

And to my mom and dad, I'll just add one last thought:

I'm sorry for any past pain and suffering I caused you by screaming one of those little girls screams in my childhood. I swear I did not know what it did to you, but I probably did know what it did to my loving lil sister, Kristen.

(Insert sound of my parents laughing their asses off here.)

What's that phrase? Ah...ain't payback a B@#$%?

I'm LOL or else I'll scream my head off at the girls.

Anyone know anything about sensory integration disorder? Inquiring minds want to know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, It scarred me for LIFE! LOL

Love,
Krip