Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Discharged from NICU Follow-Up Clinic

Today, Meghan had her 30 month adjusted check up at our NICU's follow-up clinic. I was so happy because Meghan's chief neonatologist, Dr. Ragatz, was on the follow-up clinic rotation today. It was nice to see him again, and he said it is so rewarding to see his former micros succeed.

We received the best news today. They feel that Meghan has come so far that they no longer are talking to us about cerebral palsy (CP) anymore. Her asymmetry (left-sided weakness) is virtually gone with just a tad in her left arm, which they feel should continue to fade to none with some more time and physical therapy.

WOOHOO!!!! This is such a relief. I can't tell you how many times I mulled over and cried about her possible CP over the last year. This is seriously the best news for Meghan. I'm so happy that I feel like I'm floating on air. Can ya tell I'm happy? :)

Today, Megs received an OT consultation using the Bailey scale. Her assessment came out to be a 34 month old. Another WOOHOO moment.

Finally, they gave us her height and weight. DRUM ROLL please!!!!!!!!!

25 pounds 1 ounce
33 inches

She is in the 29 1/2 percentile for height, and in the 25th percentile for weight. WOOHOO

I can barely believe this. Way to grow Meghan! Gotta love cyproheptadine.

They discharged Meghan from follow-up clinic, and asked us to submit our story to our hospital's Little Angels foundation for both Meghan and Grace. We've been visiting the Follow-Up clinic since Grace was born so they've gotten to know us pretty well.

Thanks for "listening" to my glowing report. I promise I'll be more humble next time.

Proud Mama Jen

No comments: