Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hamster Wheel

Can I buy
A Littlest Pet Shop
With my own money?

Can I? Can I?

Can you drive, Mom?
Can you? Can you?
It's my own money.

Can I? Can I?

As I reply
"Ok. Let's go!"
You don't hear

Can I? Can I?

Of course
I say
And a sparkle hits your eyes

Yahoo! Yahoo!

Let's go! Let's go!
Give me a moment
To fetch my purse

Yay! Yay!

We find the store
And the perfect pink aisle
As you pensively study each item

This one! This one!

It's soooooooo cute
See, it's a baby hamster
Oh yes, I do

Please! Please!

It's your money
Sweetie
I'm glad you like it

Wheeeee! Wheeeee!

Your glee
Warms and powers my heart
Like a hamster on a wheel

1 comment:

Childlife said...

Absolutely adorable and a perfect heart-sized snapshot :) You always paint such lovely word pictures of your conversations with your girls -- thanks for the smile! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year

~Michelle