Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not a Baby

As I was tucking Meghan in for bed, she nonchalantly said, "Mommy, Sophia says I'm not a baby."

Confused by the statement out of context, I inquired, "What do you mean Meghan? Do mean that Sophia is being a very nice friend to you? Or did you mean to say that Sophia thinks you are a baby?"

"Sophia is my friend. She doesn't think I'm a baby."

"Oh Megs! That is so nice. I'm so glad you have such a nice friend in Sophia."

I guess "not being a baby" is four-year old criteria for forming friendships. ;)

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Jen,

I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Children's Health Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com